A while back I reviewed Josie Jaffrey’s book A Bargain in Silver and she nominated me for The Sunshine Blogger Award! Which is so cool! So thank you so much for Josie for that!
Now, what it is…
Essentially the award is given to others who inspiring and aim to spread sunshine through their blogs or social media accounts. So I am definitely honored to have been nominated for this award. Many thanks!
The Sunshine Blogger Award does not operate in an atmosphere of chaos, ergo there are rules as follows:
Name drop and link to the blog of the person who nominated you.
Answer the eleven questions from the blogger who nominated you.
Nominate up to eleven wonderful bloggers and write (or borrow/steal) eleven questions for them to answer.
1. Who’s your weird celebrity crush and why?
I honestly don’t have a weird celebrity crush. I mean all of my crushes are main stream celebrities like Daniel Craig (maybe he could be weird since he’s a lot older than me), Orlando Bloom, Alexander Skarsgård, The Hemsworth brothers. I mean maybe the weird ones would be the international celebrities I follow, like those who are part of k-pop bands. I have a few secret crushes there. But shhh, my secret.
2. You can only watch one film, as many times as you like, for the rest of your life. What do you choose?
This is a disgustingly hard question because I love movies. Like so much! So I’d be torn between 47 Ronin, Constantine and John Wick. I love 47 Ronin because of the story, the fact that it’s about Ronin (masterless Samurai) and the entire story around it. But then Constantine is just epic. It is an older movie but it is still fantastic with an amazing story line and something that I’d definitely suggest that you check out. John Wick, well everyone knows about that one because of the hype about the entire story line. People loved it and I did too. It was just such a great story, quite realistic and amazing overall. Yes, they are all Keanu Reeves’ movies – he’s a great actor! I don’t know which one I’d choose but if I had to, it would be one of those three (I’m really indecisive).
3. How many of you does it take to change a lightbulb?
Two! One to get the step ladder as the real me is too lazy to get it, and the other to actually put the lightbulb in (totally will admit some of the jokes on that lightbulb page went right over my head).
4. Coffee or tea?
Duh, tea! English over here – our blood is practically tea.
5. What’s the best gig/play you’ve ever seen?
I still that Phantom of the Opera is the best play that I have ever seen. I love how the chandelier falls and I can’t get enough of the music and costumes. I’ve seen it twice and want to go back again a few more times as I can’t get enough of it!
6. You can go anywhere in the world, in any time period, with any person (living or dead). Where, when and with whom would you go?
This is definitely going to be an interesting one, and a weird combination. I really would love to go back to Feudal Japan, maybe 1400-1600. I think I’d love to go with Keanu Reeves. I mean I’ve always loved his movies and he’s a fantastic fighter and after 47 Ronin, I don’t know, I think it would be kind of cool!
7. What are you reading at the moment and how are you finding it?
I’m reading Shōgun by James Clavell and I think I’ve been reading it for over a year because I can never really just get through it as it’s so long. I love it and want to finish this book. Sometimes it’s a little boring but I will get through it. Even if it takes me a few years.
8. Dragons or unicorns?
Dragons! ‘Cos that means that Knights who fight the dragons would be also real…right? And who doesn’t want a Knight in shining armor.
9. If you were a chart-topping recording star, what sort of music would you be making?
Honestly, I’d probably be making K-Pop music, of making a name for J-Pop as that is the stuff that I love to listen to. That or you’d find me singing some smash broadway tunes.
10. The entire world is shortly to be subjugated by a race of giant mutant ants. You have twelve hours before you are put to work in their colossal sugar factories. How do you spend your final hours of freedom?
Eating all of my favorite foods. I mean once you are stuck working you won’t be able to eat and I’m sure stuff like Sushi and Ramen won’t be around anymore. So I’ll be getting fat, in front of my TV enjoying some of my favorite movies, and filling my face with food. I know, I have my priorities straight.
11. When you were ten, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I definitely wanted to be a spy. Like James Bond but like…Janet Bond or something. Be able to kick butt, fly around the world, kill bad guys and dress as sharp as he does. Like man, can he wear a suit (Daniel Craig I’m referencing here 😉 ). But yeah. Hands down a spy.
- What are you currently reading and why did you choose that book?
- When you were a teenager, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- There’s a massive asteroid heading your way and it is about to destroy planet Earth and you have 24 hours to live. What would you do for your last 24 hours?
- Tea or coffee?
- Book or movie?
- You can only watch one movie for the rest of your life. What will it be and why?
- You find a genie and he says that he can transport you into your favorite book. Forever. What book would it be and why?
- What’s your favorite website (any subject)?
- If you could meet any celebrity, who would you meet and why?
- You can also meet any person from history, who would you choose to meet and for what reason?
- You can only study one thing for the rest of your life. What would you choose to study?
I hope you enjoyed and congratulations to those nominated. Pass it on!