As in 6th grade I did a year-long Expert Project on the Titanic, I know quite a lot about her and am completely obsessed. I have watched almost all the documentaries, follow the RMS Titanic Inc Facebook page, have seen the movie, and have read many books about this amazing ship. So I thought I would share some of my top 5 favorite books and some of the documentaries/movies which I found amazing and a must watch/read.
So the books first…
1. What Really Sank the Titanic by Jennifer Hooper McCarty and Time Foecke (New Forensic Discoveries)
2. A Night to Remember by Walter Lord (never finished it but read bits and pieces and it was really good)
3. Titanic in Photographs by Daniel Klistorner and Scott Andrews
4. Returning to Titanic by Robert D. Ballard and Michael S. Sweeney (Robert Ballard was the one who discovered the resting place of the ship)
5. Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #7: Titanic: A Nonfiction Companion to Magic Tree House #17: Tonight on the Titanic by Mary Pope Osbourne and Will Osbourne and Sal Murdocca as the Illustrators
a) of course you have to read the fictional Tonight on the Titanic by Mary Pope Osbourne to get the full effect for the younger readers.
For the movies…
1. Titanic (big duh)
2. Ghosts of the Abyss – a film by James Cameron (this is a must see as the footage was spectacular)
You can watch the entire Ghosts of the Abyss right here or down below. But you don’t get the entire feeling on a small screen.